Monday, August 13, 2012

First Overnight

I went on my first overnight trip on the Shogun in late May.  There was a prospect of yellow tail and I had never caught one.  The weather was rough with eight foot seas during the fishing hours.  Early in the morning, I had the first catch of the day, but it was a bird.  The bird swallowed my hook so I had to re-rig.  The captain hooked a fish and handed it off to me.  It took about 10 minuets to bring it in and it was a 25 lbs yellow tail!!!  My first yellow tail!  It was pretty awesome!  I also brought in a ling cod just within legal limits about 2 feet long.  All in all it was a great trip and the crew and captain of the Shogun are awesome.  I recommend going to http://shogunsportfishing.com and booking a trip.  October is the best time to fish so Knock 'em dead!!

~A 

No comments:

Post a Comment